Sunday, April 8, 2012

Could I be a Pentecostal Rap artist?

 Okies, I don't really listen to rap music alot, but, I am very good with lyrics. So, I came up with a few. After listenin to a song, I came up with a rap to go with it. I was trying to come up with a Drama Skit to go wih it, and this is what I decided to end it with! But, I have no start to it, if I just wanted to rap it alone. That way COE (my youth group) could reach more kids.
                                         Here it goes:
I am holy, I am holy. Yes. From this old Cato's skirt to my Goodwill shirt, I am holy. From "I'm A Pentecostal" my favorite song to sing, to this prayer that asks God to be with me! That's this way I was born and I was raised, with my parents giding me each step of the way. I am holy. I'm not afraid, not ashamed, to say I'm Holy. He died for me so I'll live for HIM. He died but nows he has risen again. From the news I'll spread far and wide to the Gal standin by myside. I'm A Holy Ghost filled Pentecostal saint, if you are, or even if you aint, praise HIM, He's our master, He is our King. Now I'm gonna let these gals sang! ....
from the front pew, she'll pray em through
run the aisles, in her Modest styles. She'll shout her hair pins down and even her box from Quaker's Oatmeal! He's holy, ya holy, I'm holy, she holy!
Them on the front pews, we needa pray em through! Them in the middle, them in back, don't think now, but you ain't gettin no slack. Don't leave here til you prayed through and tell old Satan how ya through. Don't move a foot, just pray where ya stand, take a second to thank THE MAN who gave it all to you, and I can promise you He will bring you through. So, come to the altar, come with me, I'll pray with you and so will they. C'mon up for just one drop of HIS blood, even if you're cleansed enough. He will love, He'll never give up.
So c'mon up and get a Soul Station free fill up
!

        Well, is it good? I am a Southern Gospel girl and I usally don't rap but this kinda came to me.  I mean, is it any good at all? I need a start to it, so suggestions?
 Thanks,
~~~LM~~

No comments:

Post a Comment