Friday, April 6, 2012

Custom-Hair-Accessories!

 I love to make hair accesorries. They are not that high-class but they make me happy.
 My dad and I have chickens, and I love our Silver-Laced-Wondotte feathers. They are speckled and they look great {in my opinion}.
 They way I make them are really simple.
YOU'LL NEED:
Feathers!
Cloth flowers (the kind from a dollarstore [the kind that goes on a grave!] or walmart)
Clue, super or Elmers is good.
Ribbon, optional.
A head band,
a clip of some sort
or safety pin.
Small sheet of felt (like from a craft aisle.)
 First, I gather my feathers (or buy them from Hobby Lobby or somewhere like that). I sanitize the gathered feathers by boiling them in VERY hot water.  Next, I dry them off.
 I cut a very small square from my page of felt. The size should be about 1 inch by 1 inch.
Put a layer of glue on the TOP of the felt square. Arrange your feathers. Now, add glue onto your flower you're going to use [put glue on BACK SIDE if flower].  Put flower on your featers. When it's dried, put it either on a pin, ribbon or head band. Let dry and you can wear it with pride!

 ~~~~Louisiana Modestia~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment